[GRASS-user] Fixing Collared DRGs

David Hirsch dhirsch226 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 18:00:41 EDT 2008

Hi folks- I'm new to GRASS, but am eager to learn a GIS that doesn't require
me to use Windows.  I can manage to do the basics with GRASS (although I'm
having trouble with the python GUI, but that's another story).  What I'm
trying to do now is remove white collars from some GeoTiff topo maps I got
for an area in Montana (my region of interest overlaps the corners of four
quadrangles).  These have white borders, and the border region is the same
white as the white of the map itself (color index 1).  When I downloaded the
maps, there was a link to some scripts (for ArcMap) to remove the collars,
and I imagine that there is some equivalent way to do it for GRASS.

I'm running GRASS 6.3.0RC5 (using the X11 tcltk interface) on a PowerMac G4.
Thanks,
Dave