[GRASS-user] smoothing contours

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Oct 1 03:41:49 EDT 2008

On 01.10.2008 09:24, Alberto Pettazzi wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a pressure field and I want to plot contour lines. I did it by
> the command r.contour, but I would like to have smoother contour lines
> (see attached file). Any suggestion?

Use v.generalize with method=snakes to smoothen the lines or maybe some
other see:

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/manuals/html63_user/v.generalize.html

> Another question: how can I write the corresponding pressure values near
> the contour lines?

That would be be the v.label module, with d.labels to display the labels
generated with v.label, or use the labeling features of d.vect

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>