[GRASS-user] Problem with executing some type od queries (with regular expresion parser)

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Oct 29 17:20:52 EDT 2008

Hi
Well, I thing I expect too much, but for now grass has been suprising me
(positively) on cooperation GRASS - POstgreSQL

I have a query which works well in PgAdmin:

SELECT cat FROM streams_coor WHERE link::text IN(
   SELECT regexp_split_to_table(
        (SELECT branch FROM links WHERE keyid='168'), E'\\.'))

the branch looks like this:
"89.88.166.169.168"

and result are:

148
150
161
168
157

If I try to use this query in gis.m "use sql query" field with proper
SQL syntax"

link::text IN(
    SELECT regexp_split_to_table((
        SELECT branch FROM links WHERE keyid='168'), E'\\.'))

do not receive any error but also any result

so where is problem?

As far as I know GRASS simply send query to database and recive list of
cats as a result, so there could be the problem with parsing quotemarks
and escape marks in regular expresion?

regards
Jarek