Failure on Re: [GRASS-user] Help: Converting a raster map between locations (from wgs84 lat / long to UTM)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Oct 30 17:08:33 EDT 2008

Even though the projection is not defined, the data still has some
information it is WGS84 which has a datum/coordinate system so you do
need to define it, the EPSG code is 4326.

You can't reproject something from nothing, it needs at least a
coordinate system, otherwise it doesn't know what point on your current
map should be moved and to where it should be moved.

When you configured your first location you should have specified the
EPSG as 4326.

Does that get you further?
Alex