[GRASS-user] Trouble with ESRI TIGER/LINE Files and Coordinate System

Ryan R. Rosario uclamathguy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:36:21 EDT 2008

*Blushes* Solved. It ended up being a dumb error on my part. Months ago, I
converted the shape files to EPSG 3310 (California Teale Albers) to match
another line file I was using but no longer need. That is why gvSIG was able
to convert the coordinates to lat/lon, because the view (location) was
projected as 3310. Using the original, untouched shape files, I have pure
lat/lon.

Which gets me to thinking... It would be great if GRASS had a similar
feature, where the user can select how the coordinates are displayed at the
bottom of the map output window (meters, feet, degrees) as a quick
reference.

R.