[GRASS-user] g.mremove error: "Argument list too long"

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 09:27:55 EDT 2008

Hi

I am using GRASS for a simulation which generates litrealy thousands
of layers. Before I start a new simulation, I want to delete all
existing layers, and I run into th following error message:

>  g.mremove -f rast=* vect=* region=*
Collecting map names for current mapset <simulation>...
Forcing ...
exec: 218: g.remove: Argument list too long

Is there anything I can do? except iterating through all layers and
deleting them separately?

And if no, How could I do this easily?

Thanks

Rainer