[GRASS-user] problems : Display active layers in win grass63

Zahid Parvez grassgisbangladesh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:39:48 EDT 2008

Sir

> I have followed your advices
> I have encountered two problems  -

    Prob.01- Can't able to show maps in wingrass63.
    Following steps are followed

    > Click the target bat file "C:\GRASS\grass63.bat -tcltk"
    > Select from Projectlocation-Spearfish60
    > Select from Accessible Mapsets-user1
    > Select Enter Grass
    > The Grass GIS manager 6.3.0 appears
    > From Output GIS.m window d.m$ is runned in Xterm
    > Another GIS manager 6.3.0 appears
    > I have loaded elevation.dem at PERMANENT rasterdata
    > I have loaded roads at PERMANENT Vectordata
    > Now I have clicked the icon "Display active layers in current region"
      But it is showing Error. It describes

ERROR

    channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing
    channel "console1" wasn't opened for writing
        while executing
    "exec -- d.mon start=x0 >@ stdout 2>@ stderr"
        ("eval" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "eval exec -- $cmd $args >@ stdout 2>@ stderr"
        (procedure "run" line 2)
        invoked from within
    "run "d.mon start=x0""
        (procedure "Dm::monitor" line 10)
        invoked from within
    "Dm::monitor"
        (procedure "Dm::display" line 6)
        invoked from within
    "Dm::display"
        ("uplevel" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "uplevel \#0 $cmd"
        (procedure "Button::_release" line 18)
        invoked from within
    "Button::_release .mainframe.topf.tb0.bbox1.b0"
        (command bound to event)

    End prob-01

    Prob.02- Can't able to run GRASS-python
    > I have installed python in "C:\Python25" Location
    > How I can run grass with python
    > Grass Location is "C:/Grass"
    > Data location is " C:\Documents and Settings\Rajon\My Documents\GIS
DataBase "

Sincerely yours
Md. Zahid Parvez