[GRASS-user] Second try, run grass scripts as batch process in Windows

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Sep 25 03:16:10 EDT 2008

On 25/09/08 08:59, Marco Pasetti wrote:
>> Note that IIRC, the automatic GUI creation for commands without
>> parameters does not work in Windows (Marco, can you confirm ?). So
>> just calling 'g.region' will probably not work. Try with 'g.region -p'
>
> if you mean: type a command directly in the shell, that is: not in the
> GRASS Output GUI command line, but from the shell (cmd or msys) that
> started GRASS (calling the grass63 command)
>
> YES, you're definetely right!

That's what I meant. ISTR that this actually worked at one point and
then stopped working, but I never got around to actually find the problem.

> then, about creating batch processes for GRASS commands, I suggest to
> create scripts with a Unix-like syntax and then launch them within a
> GRASS MSYS session:

Personally, I would prefer if we could avoid using Msys as a crutch.
IMHO, people should be able to run their scripts in their native
environment. This is why the best bet is probably to write scripts in
Python.

Moritz