[GRASS-user] r.proj's "use different location" error while working in different dbases

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 5 00:03:24 EDT 2009

Nikos Alexandris wrote:
> I have "wgs84" locations in different dbases, for example:
> "/grassdb/ellas/wgs84" and "/grassdb/global/wgs84".
>
> I want to "r.proj" something from "ellas" to "global" dbase
> and I get
> the following error:
>
> ---
> # working in "global"
> g.gisenv
>
> GISDBASE=/geo/grassdb/global
> LOCATION_NAME=wgs84
> MAPSET=PERMANENT
>
> # trying to "pull" data
> r.proj aster_gdem out=aster_gdem_ellas location=wgs84
> mapset=PERMANENT
> dbase=/geo/grassdb/ellas
>
> ERROR: You have to use a different location for input than
> the current
> ---
>
> This is a bug, ins't it? I suppose the "dbase=" parameter
> is not checked at all in this case (?).

yes, it appears so.

r.proj(.seg) has the following check:
    if (strcmp(inlocation->answer, G_location()) == 0)
        G_fatal_error(_("You have to use a different location for input than the current"));

maybe it should assemble indbase->answer/inlocation->answer
and test that against G_location_path(). ?  then dirsep hell?

please file a bug

Hamish