[GRASS-user] Re: link to datasets from other locations?

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Sun Jul 5 06:36:11 EDT 2009

>> By file system based copying?
> Yes. If you are sure the projections of the locations are the
> same, move the entire mapset over.
I am still not 100% sure why data from mapsets in different locations
with the same projection cannot be re-used in other locations.

Why there are no g.mapset.move, g.mapset.copy, g.mapset.remove comands.
Today' computers still have limited disk space...

A command g.mapset.proj could serve to reproject all data within a
certain mapset from one location to the other.
> but it is up to you to decide how to organize your mapsets, the
> definition is left to the user so that they can organize their
> data in a way which is most useful to them (eg split mapsets by
> time; region; data source; job; user; etc)
My qustions and posts where meant to obtain more fexibily and efficiency
in the dat organisation.
Why is there r.external or v.external?
Then why not g.external?

Thanks,