[GRASS-user] Building topologically correct stream network

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:20:39 EDT 2009

Hi all
Hi Markus,
thanks for your answer. I found that the problem is in the topology of
the river network. I think that v.strahler produces many '0' because it
finds many little 'circles' in the stream vector. I tried to produce the
stream network both with r.watershed -> r.to.vect and with r.strahler.sh
-> r.to.vect: the results obtained in both ways are very similar. Is
there a way to eliminate these circles, not by hand ?

Thank you for your time

margherita

--
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Ph.D. Student

University of Basilicata
Campus Macchia Romana
85100 - Potenza
Italy

Office: +39-0971205363
Fax: +39-0971205160
E-mail: dileomargherita AT gmail DOT com
Skype: dileomargherita