[GRASS-user] Re: r.recode does not recognise fourth routine

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 08:24:55 EDT 2009

A. Márcia BARBOSA wrote:
> Actually, searching through the bug list I found the
> reason: "#172: r.recode truncates last character in rules file".
> As I was recoding the rasters to one-digit values, the last value
> was read as nothing, hence the '1700:*:' is not a valid rule.

now fixed in svn.

fgets() stores the newline char, so the module had an extra command to
strip it off. but on Windows apparently it doesn't store it but the
module went ahead and stripped off the last char anyway.
The dos/mac/unix friendly G_getl2() grass function doesn't store
the newline so you don't need to strip it off, so now it should work
everywhere.

> I couldn't quite find out how to type the rules in the command
> line... or rather how to say I've typed the last rule already.

I just expanded the help text. The magic word is "end".
(^D often works for that in UNIX, but maybe in DOS that is F6?
[vague memories of "copy con:"])

Hamish