[GRASS-user] grass cell registration format

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Tue May 12 22:04:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

What type of registration do GRASS raster cells use?  I'm trying to
import several hundred rasters from GMT into GRASS, and the only way I
managed to do it was by piping grd2xyz output through r.in.xyz, as the
Wiki recommendation to use r.in.bin failed with segmentation fault (I
think this is due to the GDAL packages in Debian sid, which cannot read
the GMT grids because gdalinfo shows that same segfault).  One of my
concerns with the pipe I described is that grd2xyz's output corresponds
to grid line registration, and I'm not sure this matches what GRASS
uses.  All of this happens in a lat/lon location.  Any tips would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers,

--
Seb