[GRASS-user] Re: gis.m error

Seb spluque at gmail.com
Sun May 17 19:20:26 EDT 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 19:01:15 -0400,
Milton Cezar Ribeiro <miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Seb,   Give a little bit more information about the system you are
> running grass.  Command lines works ok, I suppose.

Of course, I forgot to include that important info: this is in a Debian
sid AMD64 system, and GRASS was built with these CFLAGS:

CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure --enable-64bit --with-libs=/usr/lib64 \
    --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.4 --with-readline --with-cxx \
    --with-odbc --with-mysql --with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql \
    --with-postgres --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql \
    --with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj --with-motif \
    --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
    --with-cairo

>   By the way, its appears that you are importing world wide maps. Are
> you importing bioclimatic maps for species distribution modeling?
> Case yes, we can change some ideas off-topic.

I was actually using this simple XY location for some intermediate
operations while processing ocean color level 3 binned data.  I used to
do a lot of these things using GMT tools, but now the project has become
too large to handle outside a GIS, so am exploring workflows.

Thanks,

--
Seb