[GRASS-user] wxGui query raster/vector

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 2 15:37:46 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 21:30 +0200, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/10/2 Paolo Craveri <pcraveri at gmail.com>:
> > 1) load a vector maps (e.g. archsites from spearfish)
> > 2) display it in map display
> > 3) query raster/vector (display mode)
> > 4) in layer manager, command output, I get this error:
> >  “ERROR: You must build topology on vector map <archsites at PERMANENT>”
> >
> > No errors with grass 6.4 RC5.
>
> probably related to the spatial index changes in GRASS 7.0(?). You
> need to rebuild topology using v.build or v.build.all (this will
> create spatial index file).

Martin,

is this the same as my question wrt to v.select? I get the same message
which demands to build topology (post in the list entitled: v.select
error (latest grass_trunk)).

Will this affect working in grass6x? Or is it an external spatial-index
which won't affect current workflows?

Thanks, Nikos