[GRASS-user] Missing some tools: v.db.addcol, for example

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 01:34:49 EDT 2009

Roger André wrote:
> I've noticed that a few tools in my GRASS 6.4 appear to be
> missing, or at least missing from my path.

from the GRASS terminal, what does "echo $PATH" say?

> Here is an example:
> bash: v.db.addcol: command not found
>
> And yet, when I look for the tool under my install dir, it
> appears to be there:
>
> $ find /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC4 -name "v.db.addcol*"
> /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC4/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/scripts/v.db.addcol
>
> It's only a problem with certain tools.  I have the same
> problem with d.redraw for example, but not with d.erase.

d.redraw is another shell script like v.db.addcol found in
$GISBASE/scripts. d.erase is a C program found in $GISBASE/bin/

> Is there some way I can add the scripts tools back in, and
> is this the sign that I just screwed up the install somehow?

check to see that the scripts dir made it into the PATH, if not,
add it.

PATH="$PATH:$GISBASE/scripts"
export PATH

No idea why that would fail.