[GRASS-user] Importing Vector Data

Bob Byer hydrogeo_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 12:15:59 EDT 2009

All,

I work extensively in the state of Delaware and the mapping information that they provide is based on ESRI ID 102257 with an ESRI WKT Name of NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane_Delaware_FIPS_0700.  As a new user of GRASS, what would be the best way to import that data?  Ultimately, I wish to reproject state plane meters to state plane feet then use those files to import into a MODFLOW project.  Perform the modeling, then export that information back to GRASS for additional processing.

In case there is interest, the web site http://datamil.delaware.gov/geonetwork/srv/en/datadownload

Thanks in advance,
Bob