[GRASS-user] Problem GRASS 6.4 RC5-3 freezing on Leopard; Snow Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 14 19:43:20 EDT 2009

Python 2.5 is in the system.  Spotlight is finicky about searching the
system.  If you haven't installed any other python, then it's running
the system Python.  I don't know why you are having the freezing
problem.

PS. look for a Snow Leopard GRASS update soon, I just worked out the
64/32bit problem.

On Sep 14, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Kurt Springs wrote:

> I am not sure which python I am using.  Looking in spotlight there
> is MacPython 2.3 in the developer tools.  I thought 2.5 was supposed
> to come with the install. I never updated it.
>
> Kurt
> On Sep 14, 2009, at 5:45 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> On Sep 11, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>>
>>> I am having a problem with GRASS on OS 10.5.8.  When I launch a
>>> project, GRASS freezes when I resize the Map window by dragging
>>> the corner (which I have done in the past) it freezes.  I can
>>> resize using the green resize but on the window (the one next to
>>> the red close window button and the amber put window in dock
>>> button) and it works fine.  But the moment I try to resize by
>>> using the corner, it refreshes a few times but freezes.  I can't
>>> access menus or scroll.  Interesting point, in the GIS Manager
>>> window, the Map Layers for Display 1 portion of the window runs
>>> into the bottom portion were the layer is chosen and set up. You
>>> can see the layer icon and the check box, but not the text
>>> describing the layer.  It is like this before it freezes.
>>>
>> Working for me.  Have you updated anything since the last time it
>> worked?  Which Python are you using?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy