[GRASS-user] Using v.surf.rst

Luís Ferreira lferreira75.1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 23:30:11 EDT 2010

Hello Eric

> there are points outside specified 2D/3D region--ignored 6 points
>
> ERROR2: zero points in the given region!
>
> ERROR: Input failed

> Keeping in mind I’m completely new to GRASS (and don’t understand a
> lot of the jargon), can you explain what I’m doing wrong?

Probably, you aren't defining the working "region". See command
g.region.

Example: g.region -a vect=secondTry at PERMANENT res=10 -p

This command will define the working region by the spatial extent of
"secondTry", defining and aligning a 10 meters resolution with the
region extent and printing the result.

> Also, can you recommend a tutorial that covers this type of conversion
> oriented toward beginners?

I strongly suggest the book  OPEN SOURCE GIS - A GRASS GIS Approach, 3rd
edition.

Luís Ferreira