[GRASS-user] Landsat SLC-Off data usage

Chethan S chethanuniversal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 09:35:21 EST 2010

Greetings!

I am using Landsat 7 ETM+ SLC-Off imageries for my academic project work. As
users may be aware due to Scan line corrector going off in the satellite,
large gaps are created in each band of image. It accounts for loss of 20 to
22 percent of data. Since recently, gap mask files are provided along with
Landsat data, so you can tell where actual data is versus the gaps, also all
data gaps have a digital value of 0 (zero).

Options to use fill in those gaps created include using interpolation
methods, usage of images from different dates or sensors like IRS or MODIS,
usage of geostatistics etc. I am interested to know if anyone has employed
such methods in GRASS previously. Proven techniques would help me progress
faster.

Thanks and Regards,

Chethan S.

--