[GRASS-user] I.class empty Xmonitor

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 22:32:20 EST 2010

Luisa wrote:
> I do have installed. I'm running in Ubuntu
>  and with xterm version 243.

hmmm. The ubuntu package asks for "x-terminal-emulator". Where does that
symlink lead to?  (there's a debian-specific patch in the package)

> Is it required other packages such as xtermcontrol or
> xtermset? Or more packages? or in the ./configure to include
> something?

no, probably not.

what version of ubuntu is this again? UbuntuGIS package version?

> By the way, I decided to run it not from
> wxpython but from command line and I got this:
> (Thu Feb  4 12:45:01 2010)
>
>  i.class map=lsat7_2002_20 at PERMANENT
> group=lsat7_2002 at PERMANENT subgroup=lsa7_2002
> outsig=out(Thu Feb  4 12:45:01 2010) Command
> finished (0 sec)

can you try from the actual terminal command line, not from the GUI
Cmd> prompt?

you will have to run "d.mon x0" first.

> And nothing happened. Am i suppose to open a monitor
> before or is it suppose to open by itself?

It only opens the monitor for you if you select it from the GUI menu.

Hamish