[GRASS-user] r.flow Terminates With Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 13 11:37:02 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Did you compile with LFS (large file support) enabled?

Markus,

   Yes. This came up before and Glynn ensured that LFS was enabled in my
build.

   In general, is there a way to predict memory and disk space requirements
before initiating processing?

   What I wanted to do (but will back off doing for valid time constraint
reasons) was to improve the resolution of the DEM from 5m because one of the
modules I wanted to explore recommended a grid resolution in centimeters
(much too fine for my needs). I tried r.resamp.rst to create 1m results, but
temporary file sizes were excessively large. Next I tried 3m, but it turns
out that r.flow cannot calculate the flow density map despite the available
memory and swap space. So, I'll stick with 5m resolution.

Rich