[GRASS-user] r.flow Terminates With Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 13 13:34:28 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Micha Silver wrote:

> In GRASS 6.5, Markus Metz has implemented a new r.watershed which is much
> faster as also handles memory better, (and also can do Multi Flow
> Direction analysis).

> I'll bet that the numbers above for memory requirements also would apply
> to GRASS 6.4

Micha,

   Perhaps. My region is not large (9550 ha), but at 3m resolution has
307,443,024 cells. At 1M RAM/31,000,000 cells that would be about 9.5M
memory required. Checking top before starting I saw 1.5G free memory, yet I
ran out processing dsout in r.flow. Of course, that's r.flow and not
r.watershed.

   I appreciate the pointer; I've been working with 6.4 since this is
production work.

Toda raba,

Rich