[GRASS-user] WxGUI issues: refresh and labels

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Fri Feb 19 00:26:46 EST 2010

Hi all,

Has anyone else had trouble getting the WxGUI to display labels?

Platform: Mac OSX 10.5.8
Version: Grass-GIS 6.40RC5

I am setting the default font in the GUI before trying to get the labels
to display. I then select the vector properties, click on "Labels" and
select the column from the drop-down (and press "Apply").

I can refresh the display, but the labels don't show.

Second issue: under some circumstances, the map display doesn't change
when I change a vector characteristic (such as colour) and ask it to
re-render.

I'm finding the TCL-Tk GUI is very prone to freezing in this version, so
I need to use the WxGUI.

Richard C