[GRASS-user] Raster surface from regularly spaced points

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 19 05:52:43 EST 2010

You can try the overhauled v.surf.bspline module. You would need to svn
up to get the new version, available in grass64 and higher.

run v.surf.bspline with the -e flag first to get estimated mean distance
between points. If your points are not completely but almost regularly
spaced, multiply the estimated distance by 1.5 and use that value for
sin and sie.

BTW, method=bicubic gives much nicer results than method=bilinear.

To conserve the range of the original data, use a low lambda_i value
somewhere between 0.01 and 0.1.

I would be really interested if it works for you!

Markus M