[GRASS-user] Labels On Maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 1 14:08:18 EST 2010

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009, Hamish wrote:

> (yeah, d.vect has an abundance of options.
> if overwhelmed see svn/grass-addons/display/d.shortcuts/ )

   I'm not clear that either d.mark or d.stations will help. My problem is
that the three project-related sits are close to each other and the labels
overlap on the whole basin map.

   What I see of the xref and yref controls is they apply to all labels. Is
there a way to specify the position for each label relative to the site
itself? For example, if the two almost vertically aligned had labels to
their left, and the third site (almost horizontal, and slightly below the
second site) had its label to the right there would be no overlap.

Thanks,

Rich