[GRASS-user] GLOBCOVER import and manage

Achim Kisseler ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Jan 15 14:45:46 EST 2010

Hi,

What you are trying to do is a "on-the-fly projection". GRASS does not
do this, because that doesn't work properly (as I understand, but I
don't know why).

What you have to do is to make another location with the different
coordinate system and import your data there.

Then go to your location, you want to work with. Here you can use the
tool v.proj or r.proj to import your vector or raster data.

Have a look at:
http://www.grass.itc.it/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.proj.html
or
http://www.grass.itc.it/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.proj.html

> First of all let me warn you that I'm new at GRASS :)
...keep on. Its worth!

Regards,
Achim