[GRASS-user] Re: Help with importing points and their attributes

Rebecca Bennett rabennett at ymail.com
Tue Jan 26 09:02:29 EST 2010

Dear Sela,

Thank you for your advice. I have re-run the import having corrected the
format as you suggest, using the command below:

v.in.ascii -z -n input=/home/rebecca/lidar/08.txt output=test_08_attribute
format=point {fs= } skip=0 {columns=columns= 'x double precision, y double
precision, z double precision, i double precision'} x=1 y=2 z=3 cat=0
--overwrite

However I now get the error message

"DBMI-SQLite driver error:
Unable to open database
</home/rebecca/Documents/Mapping/Grassdata/Salisbury/PERMANENT/sqlite> by
driver <sqlite>

Unable to open database: unable to open database file
Unable to open database
</home/rebecca/Documents/Mapping/Grassdata/Salisbury/PERMANENT/sqlite> by
driver <sqlite>"

so it maybe a problem with my database driver rather than the input file? I
have a folder called sqlite but no files within it...

Once again thanks for your help, any more suggestions about how to fix this
are welcome!

Rebecca