[GRASS-user] elevation profile

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:41:33 EDT 2010

Hi John,

You will likely get a more complete answer from others, but you seem to be on the right track with v.drape. From there, you can add a column for cumulative length with v.db.addcol, then run v.to.db with option=length to add a length column to your 3d vector. You might be able to subsample from there.

Another possibility would be to run v.segment to generate points at your desired length interval for the original vector. Then you could run v.drape on the resulting points file and work from there or somehow pipe the point coordinates into r.profile.

Good luck,
John