[GRASS-user] import wx

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jul 16 18:29:25 EDT 2010

Matthias Oswald wrote:

> I'writing a python-script with a wx-gui (not in grass style) including
> some grass-commands.Therefore I want to import the wx library by
> using:
>
> import wx

Apart from any other issues, the correct way to import wxPython is
e.g.:

	import wxversion
	wxversion.select('2.8')
	import wx

The "wx" module may not even be present in the search path until
wxversion.select() has been called.

Many systems add a symlink to a "default" version of wxPython for
backward compatibility with programs which pre-date the wxversion
module, but you shouldn't rely upon this either existing or referring
to the correct version.