[GRASS-user] LiDAR Data?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 9 19:11:16 EDT 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Geotiff is more than supported in the OSGeo world. And ESRI grid's I've
> imported (and exported after some trial and error) successfully sometimes,
> not worked frequently with such a format though.

Nikos,

   I've imported ESRI grid data as the 10m resolution DEMs for the state
here. But, I've not before worked with geotiff files. I'll read the
references you provided and take all the help I can get grom the GRASS-LiDAR
experts. By next Tuesday I need to have some high resolution
terrain/hydrologic models run to estimate flood elevations given channel
size (from the LiDAR DEM) and point rainfall data over a 2 week period.

> My 2 drachmas [4] (kept some of the previous greek coins for any case...
> :-p),

   Turn them into gold if the price drops. :-)

Many thanks,

Rich