[GRASS-user] Input raster map is outside current region

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Mar 11 07:15:25 EST 2010

On 03/11/2010 11:32 AM, ciccpaol at libero.it wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I imported a raster map in an UTM_ED50_32N location; i want to reproject it to
> a target location WGS84;
> once i'm in the target location i use r.proj command, what i get is:
>

> Input Projection Parameters:  +proj=utm +no_defs +zone=32 +a=6378388 +rf=297
> +towgs84=-87.000,-98.000,-121.000
> Input Unit Factor: 1
> Output Projection Parameters:  +proj=longlat +no_defs +a=6378137 +rf=298.
> 257223563 +towgs84=0.000,0.000,0.000
> Output Unit Factor: 1
> Input raster map is outside current region
>
> How can I fix it?

What you do here is:

v.in.region out=src_region
This creates a vector polygon of the bounds of the current region.

- now switch to the new, target region and do
v.proj location=<src_location> mapset=<src_mapset> in=src_region
out=tar_region
to reproject that rectangular polygon to the target region . Next run
g.region vect=tar_region
And the region in your target location should match where the raster
wants to be.

- Now try your r.proj comand

> I tried setting a new region in the target location ,but doesn't work.
>
> Thanks

Micha Silver
http://www.surfaces.co.il/
Arava Development Co.  +972-52-3665918