[GRASS-user] GRASS 7.0 - OS X install problem

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat May 8 11:19:11 EDT 2010

On May 8, 2010, at 10:03 AM, Stuart Edwards wrote:

> On May 8, 2010, at 9:44 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> SVN updated so the Mac app starts the new python init.
>>
>> I don't know about the TclTk NVIZ problem.  I have a different one - no rule to make target anim_support.o.
>>

> Now I get the following error:
>
> SEsMacPro:~ stu$ '/Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/grass.sh'; exit
> Rebuilding Addon HTML manual pages index...
> cp: /Applications/GRASS-7.0.app/Contents/MacOS/docs/html/grass_icon.png: No such file or directory
> Rebuilding Addon menu...
> Python 2.6.4 found.
> arch: posix_spawnp: /opt/local/bin/pythonw2.6: Bad CPU type in executable
> logout
>
> [Process completed]

That's because the startup forces Python to run in 32bit mode, because wxpython can't be built for 64bits yet (!).  And the python you have in /opt/local (macports?) is then probably 64bit-only.  GRASS is probably finding the macports python first because it's first in your shell PATH.

Which python did you intend to use for GRASS?  If the macports python is 64bit only, they probably don't have wxpython at all.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin