[GRASS-user] Importing Landsat images with different coordinates

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Tue May 18 15:42:52 EDT 2010

Jenny Turner wrote:

> Greetings
> Firman, but imagine that I have rasters in UTM for differente zones
> (e.g. huge countries like USA, etc). How can I produce an automatic
> importing tool that uses gdalwarp to project an image to WGS84 and
> import to GRASS?
Using gdalwarp you don't have to specify the source coordinate system,
*if* the originals have the correct projection defined in their headers.
For Landsat images, this is most likely the case, so you should be able
to get away with just setting the -t_srs option of gdalwarp and each
tile will be re-projected to the WGS84 geographic CRS.

> Thanks for your help
> Best regards,
> Jenny
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Firman Hadi <jalmiburung at gmail.com
> <mailto:jalmiburung at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     As far as I know you must define the source coordinate system.
>     I think it is pretty straightforward when you are using gdalwarp.
>     If there are so many images, maybe you can create a shell script
>     to run the process.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     >

>     Firman Hadi