[GRASS-user] grass 7 monitor

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 23 16:15:59 EDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> GRASS 6.4 (Not sure why it's not final release yet)

a couple of outstanding issues off the top of my head,

- python scripts are not happy on WinGrass (apparently ok in 6.5, so selective backporting of code should fix this)

- r.terraflow fails on WinGrass. 64bit improvements are rolling along on
the -dev list, but help is needed to get the 32bit Windows version of it
going in the mean time:    https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/report/13

- probably the most important one: potentially replacing swig with ctypes
for python bindings. we don't want to get stuck supporting something which
we know is problematic for the life of 6.x. Improvements are rolling along
on the -dev list. An option is to ship 6.4 with swig disabled and enable
ctypes for 6.4.1 or 6.4.2 after it gets sorted out in trunk.

Hamish