[GRASS-user] Re: self compile grass- msys

Pham Thy maithy.osgeo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:52:38 EDT 2010

Hi  Helmut,
Thank you. Msys worked. But when I compiled it seams there are mistakes
showing in the package.log in the below:

-------------------
Fri Sep 17 14:02:05 2010: STARTING configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... yes
checking for executable suffix... .exe
checking for full floating-point support... yes
checking for pwd... /c/mingw/bin/pwd
checking for source directory... /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass64
checking for build directory... /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass64
checking for MacOSX App... no
checking for MacOSX architectures... no
checking for MacOSX SDK... no
checking how to build libraries... shared
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking if 64bit support is requested... no
checking if 64bit Sparc VIS support is requested... no
checking system version (for dynamic loading)...
MINGW32_NT-5.2-1.0.11(0.46/3/2)
checking for dlopen in -ldl... no
checking for ar... ar
checking for additional include dirs... /c/OSGeo4W/apps/gdal-16/include
/c/OSGeo4W/include
checking for additional library dirs... /c/OSGeo4W/apps/gdal-16/lib
/c/OSGeo4W/lib
checking for a BSD compatible install... /c/mingw/bin/install -c
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... no
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for env... env
checking for perl... no
checking for ANSI C header files... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for termio.h... no
checking for termios.h... no
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for values.h... yes
checking for f2c.h... no
checking for g2c.h... no
checking for sys/ioctl.h... no
checking for sys/mtio.h... no
checking for sys/resource.h... no
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/timeb.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/utsname.h... no
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for iconv.h... yes
checking for langinfo.h... no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for off_t... yes
checking for uid_t in sys/types.h... no
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for ftime... no
checking for gethostname... no
checking for gettimeofday... no
checking for lseek... no
checking for nice... no
checking for time... no
checking for uname... no
checking for seteuid... no
checking for setpriority... no
checking for setreuid... no
checking for setruid... no
checking for drand48... no
checking for putenv... no
checking for setenv... no
checking for nanosleep... no
checking whether setpgrp takes no argument... yes
checking for long long int... yes
checking for W11... no
checking for X... disabled
checking whether to use Curses... yes
checking for curses.h... yes
checking curses.h WINDOW structure component... _maxy
checking for initscr in -lncurses... no
checking for initscr in -lcurses... no
 Therefore there is no "bin" folder in /osgeo4w/apps/grass/ when run grass
Please show me my mistake.
Thank in advance
Thy