[GRASS-user] Error with g.mapset in Linux (ubuntu)

Helena Herrera helenaherrera1980 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 05:06:49 EDT 2010

Greetings
I have a Python script that is suppose to use g.mapset to change the current
Mapset by running g.mapset but, everytime I run it I ge this error:
ERROR: Unable to read GIS_LOCK environment variable

Hi there
I have sent an email a couple of days ago reporting an error with g.mapset
on Windows. Now I have also a problem with g.mapset on linux (a different
one)
When I do:
g.mapset mapset=Regional

I get this in Output command window:

Erasing monitors...
PNG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: TRUE
PNG: collecting to file: map.png,
GRASS_WIDTH=768, GRASS_HEIGHT=501
ERROR: PNG: couldn't open output file map.png

As anyone has any suggestion regarding this?

Thanks
Helena