[GRASS-user] snap point to line/break line at given points

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Mon Apr 18 02:19:45 EDT 2011

Am 16.04.2011 um 17:25 schrieb Daniel Victoria:

> Not sure how to split and label the rivers but to snap the point to
> the closest river you could use v.distance

I also thought about v.distance. There I get the coordinates of the
closest points on the new line (stdout). I just have to create a new
pointfile from the standard output coordinates...or is there any
simpler way?

And I also still don't know how to split the lines at these points.
I thought about v.split but here are segemnts created at equidistant
breakpoints and one can only set the distance in metres but
it is not possible to use coordinates as input...anyone knows how
to do that?

cheers
/johannes