[GRASS-user] divide a vector map in the display monitor.

Martin Album Ytre-Eide Martin.Album.Ytre-Eide at nrpa.no
Fri Jul 1 06:44:20 EDT 2011

Hello all!

I am trying to divide a vector map of Norway in the display monitor (I am running a python script and using the png-driver).  I have made to separeted vector files which I now wont to put next to each other.

I have experimented with using d.frame and d.split.frame - but the results is not good. When doing a split the dimensions are lost? - when doing a horizontal split the "height" is set equal which in my case is not correct. When doing a vertical split , the "heigt" is preserved, but the width get messued up.

I have attached a file which shows what I wont to do (except the island in the top left corner).

Anyone knows how this should be done?

Thanks!

Martin