[GRASS-user] flow accumulation

frans-joost fjboogert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 09:30:04 EDT 2011

Dear GRASS users,

I'm trying to implement the Morgan Morgan Finney model for erosion
estimation.
One problem I'm having is with the accumulation of surface runoff.
Is it possible to sum all cells that are uphill, meaning each individual
cell has an amount of water that flows downslope.
It should be possible to use a flow direction map to accomplish this.

r.terraflow does not have an option to accumulate using another map
r.watershed gives me very high and negative values (not sure what happened
there)

Thank you in advance
Frans-Joost