[GRASS-user] making fcell raster maps using climate data

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Sun May 29 19:58:10 EDT 2011

Dear List,

I have an Excel file that contains precipitation data in 13 columns (mean
values for each month and annual average) from a region between certain
years (in rows): eventually showing temporal changes in precipitation
values. The data are taken at a weather station whose coordinates are known.
I want to use this file in order to make an fcell raster map in GRASS. After
some research I found few leads and mostly on interpolation of data.
However, I am confused about the actual process turning the data in Excel
into a raster map. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions as to which
module to use and how to arrange the data.

Thank you,
--
BÜLENT