[GRASS-user] XY location (unprojected)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 8 08:40:23 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Salvatore Mellino
<salvatore.mellino at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have generated a location from a georeferenced file but I don't know its coordinate system
> and its projection. In the following I write the results of g.proj and g.region
>
> g.proj -p
> XY location (unprojected)
>
> g.region -p
> projection: 0 (x,y)
> zone:       0
> north:      7612388.5
> south:      7547502
> west:       1604250.75
> east:       1709645
> nsres:      3244.325
> ewres:      5269.7125
> rows:       20
> cols:       20
> cells:      400
>
> The zone is in located in the northern sweden.
>
> What does it means XY location (unprojected)?

You lost the projection information. Since it is Sweden, from the coordinate
values I guestimate that it is the RT90 projection.

Find the .prj file of the Swedish RT90 projection attached. Using the location
wizard you can use it to create a new location.

Cheers
Markus