[GRASS-user] Raster and shape files miss aligned.

Kirk Wythers kirk.wythers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:38:24 EST 2011

I have imported two files (one raster with r.in.gdal, and one shape file with v.in.ogr). Both file are in the same projection, but do not align properly. There is a North South shift that I can not explain. Any ideas what I might have missed in the import?

Thanks in advance

Here are the results from g.region on each file:

GRASS 6.4.1 (northcentralus_albersequalarea):~ > g.region -p vect=nw_prov212
projection: 99 (Albers Equal Area)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83
ellipsoid:  grs80
north:      1322833.8573
south:      647305.3646
west:       6150.4319
east:       1003361.9406
nsres:      250.01054504
ewres:      249.99035064
rows:       2702
cols:       3989
cells:      10778278

GRASS 6.4.1 (northcentralus_albersequalarea):~ > g.region -p rast=mnwimifnfftgk7wt175v3_250m
projection: 99 (Albers Equal Area)
zone:       0
datum:      nad83
ellipsoid:  grs80