[GRASS-user] GRASS 7 error code 9

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 00:14:55 EST 2011

Pankaj Kr Sharma wrote:
> I am getting error " WARNING: Subprocess failed
> with exit code 9 " from r.watershed command ,
> whenver I use more than 8.5 gb ram.

probably the task wants more RAM.. does it work
for a smaller region?

if you are running linux, try adding another 20gb
of virtual disk swap space as detailed here:
  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Memory_issues

it will be slow, but will hopefully let you get a
result.

Glynn:
> The "exit code 9" could either refer to an exit
> status or a signal. I suspect it's the latter.
> Signal 9 is SIGKILL, which may be sent by the
> kernel to a process which is using too much
> memory.

( the 9 comes from the return value of G_vspawn_ex() )

Hamish