[GRASS-user] mapset not found: problem with file permissions?

Damian M maddalena at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 15:28:50 EDT 2011

I am having a difficult time accessing a workspace that is located on mounted
drive via fstab in Ubuntu as follows:

//some.windows.share/share$ /media/remoteDir cifs
iocharset=utf8,credentials=/.../.../.credentialsFile,file_mode=0775,dir_mode=0775,uid=userNumber,gid=groupNumber

I can read/write to the directories outside of GRASS.

When I start grass65svn and navigate the workspace on the server, I cannot
open it, but when I check permissions with ls -l it says I have rwx
permissions.  I get an error message that says GRASS cannot find the mapsset
I am trying to open.

I can open the same mapset if it is on my local drive.  Same permissions on
the local directory with ls -l.

Any help would be  greatly appreciated.

Thank you.