[GRASS-user] QT with Grass64

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:47:43 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/9/1 Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>:
> We decided not to use QT because it is more difficult to develop a GUI in. We also reviewed current versions of TclTk and GTK as potential interface

well, it's very subjective to say "more difficult". Qt compared to
wxWidgets is professional framework, it's the most developed graphical
library written in C++. In QT framework you will find very good
applications like Qt Designer or Creator. There are several bindings
like PyQt. Compared to wxWidgets and it's tools Qt playes another
game. But that's not reason why to leave wxPython for us, we are quite
happy with wxPython framework, even it's more difficult to use and
limited in design ;-)

Martin