[GRASS-user] RE: r.texture error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 22 18:17:59 EDT 2011

http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.texture.html

> I'm not understand why I must do that (rescale) because if I change the
> kernel window and the step I get different value from 300 (but all over
> 255).

The input map range must be between 0..255. To reach that, use
r.rescale:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/r.rescale.html

> If I do this rescale and I compare the result with the ENVI tool or the
> ArcMap tool, I get the same results or this rescale will change the result?

I suppose that the results are similar or even identical. Probably
ENVI or ArcMap also rescale internally (as GRASS 7 does) without
telling you...

Markus