[GRASS-user] m.viz.image Command Line

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 10:25:40 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012, Anna Kratochvílová wrote:
>
>> try something like this:
>>
>> m.nviz.image elevation_map=aber5m,mompano_rast vline=streets,streams
>> vline_width=1,2 vline_color=black,blue vpoint=proj_pts vpoint_size=8
>> vpoint_color=red vpoint_marker=diamond zexag=2
>>
>> point size is in map units I think.
>

> Anna,
>
>  That's close, but missing elevation_values (and it needs an output map
> name):
>

> m.nviz.image elevation_map=aber5m,mompano_rast vline=streets,streams
> vline_width=1,2 vline_color=black,blue vpoint=proj_pts vpoint_size=8
> vpoint_color=red vpoint_marker=diamond zexag=2 output=foo
>
> ERROR: Inconsistent number of attributes (<elevation_map/elevation_value>
>       2: <mode> 1)
>
>  When I read the man page I had no idea what to use for elevation_value;
> still not certain that I do. But, based on Hamish's comment I think it's the
> same two raster maps ... Nope. That's not it.
>
>  How do I specify elevation_value?

elevation_value is to create plane of given value (this usaually means
height), I don't know if this is what you want. The error is in
specifying mode (fine, course) which doesn't match the number of
raster maps. Try

m.nviz.image -a ...       to set the same mode (default is fine
resolution) for all raster maps or e.g.
m.nviz.image mode=fine,fine ...

Try it again and we will see

Anna