[GRASS-user] Import Point from *.csv Problem

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Tue Jan 24 05:16:48 EST 2012

Hello,

I try to import Points from a comma separated file in GRASS 6.4.2SVN on
my Mac OS X but somehow I fail...

The original file is a 3-column Excelsheet (ID,X,Y). I saved that sheet as a *csv in my Excel 2011 on Mac OS X and then I try to import it. I follow the steps in this video (exept that I am working on Mac):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgQBPoJeeLY

(Tue Jan 24 11:05:42 2012)
v.in.ascii input=/Users/.../InputForGRASS.csv output=Stations fs=; skip=1 x=2 y=3
Scanning input for column types...
Maximum input row length: 31
Maximum number of columns: 2
Minimum number of columns: 2
ERROR: y column number > minimum last column number
(incorrect field separator?)
(Tue Jan 24 11:05:42 2012) Command finished (0 sec)

So I opened the file with textwrangler to check it. I changed the line endings from the original mac endings(CR) to Unix style (LF) and saved the file again, but I get the same error. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Even if I copy and paste the coordinates from the text file into the dialog I get the error. I also tried it with G6.5SVN (some weeks old)

I attached the original *.csv file so maybe someone of you can tell me what is wrong with my import.

Thanks for your help in advance.

/johannes