[GRASS-user] v.generalize: strange behaviour on win?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jan 27 07:32:51 EST 2012

https://int.faunalia.it/~paolo/province.zip

> Considering the detail of the output and the threshold used, it is no
> surprise that not all boundaries were generalized because that would
> break topology. If you want to generalize with a threshold of 100000,
> I would recommend to first remove all areas with a size up to 100000.

This is not the point. The very same input and command work in Linux, leave
ungeneralized boundaries in Windows.
If you consider that also r.to.vect for lines also behaves differently between the
two OSs, I suspect an OS-specific bug here.

Any confirmation?
Thanks a lot.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia